Sunday 4 October 2009

Hi Guys,

This is my first week of wondering what to write, and having not taken any photo's was a little worried about not having anything to share with you...until this afternoon that is!

I have discovered an artist...well discovered means i take credit for finding him and i sadly cannot, as i was told of his talents from a friend but anyway i visited his website this afternoon and am now desperate to show you some of his pieces (does that sound a bit rude?!) I am also hoping that he doesn't mind me doing this but i do classify this blog as one of the least visited blogs in the history of blogs and so therefore should not have too much of an effect on his career, but it does make my blog look very interesting and so have added some of his artwork so you can see why i love it and a link to his website which is also brilliant!


Huge cow plate



Seagull in changing light 4
I would happily have the whole set of these lovely paintings in my house, they are so comical!


Merry-go-round on the peir
All my favourite colours in one painting! - would love this for Joseph's room...Paul rolls his eyes and mutters such things as "For Joe or for you?" But i see it as an investment! (We had the same discussion over a Mamas&Papas baby blanket i suggested 'for Joseph' for christmas and because it spends a lot of time on our sofa instead of Joseph's room...well you can guess the rest can't you!)
Anyway the name of the guy that produces this artwork is Mike Bromage so check him out and let me know what you think!
www.mikebromage.com

So other than spending too much on time on facebook this week (those of you on my facebook will know that i have a few cupcakes to make this week for my first ever order!!)i have been stuggling to make a sock look like a giraffe. These are a few of my failed attempts...

The Dinosaur looking
kind of thing...

The octopus....?

Do i go with long legs and long neck or short legs and long neck like the giraffe in the Little Bear books(one of my little sister's favourites, and i must try and dig some out to read to Joe)The zebra however has been a success so it's not all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment